United Refuah HealthShare℠ is a health cost sharing organization [an IRC 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization] for members of the Jewish religion, who practice member to member sharing of medical expenses.
- United Refuah HealthShare℠ has no network, therefore members are able to use any provider of their choice.
- Referrals are not required
- Some services require a prenotification. Please call 440-772-0700, to prenotify any of the procedures/treatments listed below:
- Inpatient Admissions (including Hospital, Skilled Nursing, Rehabilitation, and Hospice)
- Organ/Tissue Transplant Services
- Extended Emergency Department Observation Periods and Observation Care
- Home Health Care Services and Hospice Services
- All Outpatient Surgery (including surgical centers, clinics, hospitals)
- Obstetric and Prenatal Needs (members must notify of pregnancy as soon as possible)
- Maternity upon admission or anticipated admission for labor and delivery, c-section or inpatient management during pregnancy
- Non-emergency Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) scans
- Non-emergency CT scans
- Positron Emission Tomography Scanning (PET)
- All joint injections- pain management, etc.
- Dental- care for injured sound teeth (all other dental care is NOT eligible for sharing)
- Sleep studies if determined by a physician
- Cardiac Catheterization
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Diagnostic Colonoscopy
- Chemotherapy or Radiation Therapy
- Cancer Treatment
- Occupational Therapy/Physical Therapy/Speech Therapy/Outpatient Respiratory Therapy- up to a maximum of 12 per year combined
- Acupuncture – for up to a maximum of 10 visits
- Laboratory Testing
- Complementary or Alternative Medical Management after initial evaluation
- Treatment outside of United States-will need prior contact with the Prenotification department
- Medical Bills should be submitted via HCFA 1500 or CMS UB04 to:
- United Refuah HealthShare℠
PO Box 18523,
Cleveland Heights, OH 44118
- Faxed to 440-510-0444
- Secure web upload at www.urhs.us
- United Refuah HealthShare℠
- ID cards contain all relevant information for billing, including member number and effective date.
- Members are responsible for an Annual Preshare Amount (APA) as follows:
- $500 for a single member
- $1,000 for a couple
- $1,500 for a family
- Preventative Screenings and Wellness are not subject to the Annual Preshare Amount.
- Requests for sharing must be submitted within 90 days of the date of service.
- Bills are processed on average within 30 days of receipt.
- General Maximum Reimbursement Rates are as follows:
- Physicians are reimbursed at a maximum of 150% of Medicare allowable for the area where service is rendered.
- Inpatient related services are reimbursed at a maximum of 160% of Medicare allowable for the area where service is rendered.
- Outpatient related services are reimbursed at a maximum 170% of Medicare allowable for the area where service is rendered.