As Shavuos draws closer, there’s one thing on all our minds. Cheesecake! There’s nothing like a good slice of cheesecake to go with a steaming cup of coffee on Shavuos morning. And there are also cheese bars, pastas, and all sorts of dairy delicacies to be made in honor of the holiday. But before you jump in, remember the old saying: “Everything in Moderation.” There is such a thing as too much of a good thing. Yes, even cheesecake. Cheesecake is loaded with unhealthy fats and calories.
But – no worries! There are multiple low-fat and healthy cheesecake recipes out there, that are just as good, if not better, than the classic recipes. That way, you can have your cheesecake – and eat it too. [smiley emoji]
We’ve looked through lots of different recipes, and selected the ones that were the most delicious-and- good-for-you recipes we could find. And yes, as hard as it is to believe, they actually exist!
Heavenly Lemon Cheesecake
By: Jamie Geller
- Prep Time : 15 min
- Cook Time : 1 hour
- Ready Time : 1 hour, 15 min
- 3 (8-ounce) packages light cream cheese
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups sugar substitute, such as Splenda
- 3 eggs
- 1 large lemon, zest and juice
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch kosher salt
- 1 cup light whipped cream topping
- 1 to 2 lemons for garnish
Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray and set aside.
In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together cream cheese and sour cream until smooth, about 2 minutes. Gradually add sugar substitute and mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until each is fully incorporated. Add lemon zest, juice, vanilla extract, and salt and mix until just combined. Pour into prepared pan and bake 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes or until center is almost set but still slightly jiggly. Let cool completely. Transfer to refrigerator and let set overnight.
Serve slices with a dollop of whipped topping and additional lemon zest. Enjoy!
Best Healthy Cheesecake Ever
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 cup reduced-sugar cherry pie filling
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, 2/3 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla until fluffy. Gradually add egg substitute; beat until smooth. Pour into a 9-in. pie plate that has been coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until puffy and light brown around the edges. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine sour cream and remaining sugar and vanilla. Spread over cheesecake. Bake 15 minutes longer. Cool completely on a wire rack. Refrigerate.
- Before serving, top each serving with 2 tablespoons cherry pie filling.
Do you have any healthy cheesecake recipes to recommend? Please share with us in the comments section below.